Windows 10 20H2 update making everything slow and Unresponsive? Lets speed it up
The boot time of a Windows 10 computer depends on many factors, such as. B. System configuration, hardware performance, installed software and others. And there are many tricks to speed up Windows 10, but if the problem with your computer is a very long boot time, the reasons can be very specific. Many users complain that Windows 10 loads slowly after the update, or that games are delayed after Windows 10 20H2 is updated, or that Windows 10 is very slow and not responding.
Windows 10 slow boot time This is usually caused by third party applications you install, and most of them run automatically on Windows 10. Again, corrupted system files, incompatibility between your current drivers and Windows updates, and much more, affect the boot time of Windows 10.
Windows 10 Slow boot after update
There are no specific reasons that cause the Windows 10 slow start problem on your computer, we have here the most common solutions that will help you solve the Windows 10 slow start problem.
Run a full system scan with the latest Windows antivirus or security software (formerly called Windows Defender), which will help you in case of a virus or malware infection that makes Windows 10 very slow and insensitive.
Deactivating startup programs
As mentioned before, third-party software is automatically launched when the PC is booted up, which affects the performance of Windows at boot time. First you can prevent programs from loading at startup.
- Right-click on the taskbar and select Task Manager,
- Click on the Startup tab to see a list of all running applications with startup effects,
- Right click on the application and select the option Disable, the same can be done with all running applications.
Install the latest Windowsupdate
Sometimes a questionable driver or a bug in an update can cause Windows 10 computers to slow down. Microsoft regularly publishes cumulative updates with security improvements and bug fixes that also address previous issues.
- Press the Windows + X button to select a setting,
- Click Update and Security as Windows Update.
- Click Check to allow downloading and installing the latest Windows updates from the Microsoft server,
- You will need to restart the computer to apply them.
Device Driver Update
Again, outdated drivers or software can cause Windows 10 to behave very slowly and insensitive. If you are installing the latest Windows updates that also update the drivers, we recommend that you manually check and update the display driver (graphic driver) and the network adapter by following the steps below.
- Press Windows + R, type devmgmt.msc and click OK,
- The Device Manager opens and displays a list of all installed device drivers,
- See if there is a driver with a yellow exclamation mark in the list, right click on it and remove the device.
- Please visit the manufacturer’s official website to download and install the latest driver.
To update the software, you can also visit the official website to download the latest version and install it on your computer.
Switching off fast load
By default, Windows 10 Quickstart is enabled, which reduces the boot time by downloading certain boot information in advance before shutting down the PC. The name sounds promising, it has caused problems for many people, and turning off the quick start will help them solve their slow load problems.
- Open the control panel, locate and select the power options,
- Select the function of the power buttons on the left side panel.
- You must authorize the administrator to change the settings on this page. Therefore, click on the text at the top of the screen with the text Change settings, which is currently not available.
- Uncheck the Enable Quick Start (recommended) checkbox and Save Changes to disable this setting.
Configuring the virtual memory settings
According to several users of the Microsoft Reddit forum, adjusting the amount of virtual memory will solve the Windows 10 slow start problem.
- From the Start menu, type performance and select Configure Windows appearance and performance.
- In the Advanced tab, you can see the size of the swap file (another name for the virtual memory); click Change to change it.
It is important to note that at the bottom of the screen you will see the recommended storage capacity and the number currently assigned. Users who have experienced problems have reported that their current allocation is far above the recommended number. If you don’t care,
- Select the Manage change file size automatically for all disks check box to make changes,
- Then select Custom Size and set the Start Size and Maximum Size to the recommended value below.
- Click Set and Apply, Ok to save the changes, and then reboot your system and your boot time should improve.
Changing start parameters in msconfig
- Press the Windows + R key, type msconfig and click OK,
- This opens the system configuration window and on the General tab select Selective Startup.
- Now click on the Boot tab, change the Timeout value from 30 seconds to 3 seconds and then click Apply.
- Here’s how. Restart Windows 10 and check that the boot time is correct.
Execution of DISM and SFC command
Common problems such as boot errors, system crash for Windows 10 is very slow and non-responsive, may also be caused by missing or damaged system files. Run the DISM Restore command and the system file check utility, make sure the Windows 10 image is working, and restore the missing damaged system files with the appropriate command.
- Open a command prompt as administrator,
- Type the command DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth and press Enter,
- Let the scan finish, it may take 10 to 15 minutes,
- When the scan is 100% complete, run the sfc /scannow system file utility.
- It scans corrupted system files and restores them when they are found.
- When the scan is complete, restart your computer and check to see if the boot time has improved.
Also check the hard drive for errors using the Disk Check Command utility.
Professional advice : Replacing your old hard drive with a new super fast SSD is an easy upgrade that often dramatically increases the speed of older computers.
Always avoid installing hacked, cracked or reset applications. Download applications only from reliable sources.
Also read :
windows 10 slow after update 2020 reddit,kb4537572 slow,windows 10 slow boot after update 2004,windows 10 update taking forever 2020,windows refresh slow,windows 10 slow after update october 2020,windows 10 lagging after update 2020,windows 10 too many updates,speed up windows 10 1903,windows 10 clean install very slow,windows 7 running slow 2020,windows 10 1903 slow performance,windows 10 1909 slow performance,windows 2004 lag,windows 10 2004 performance improvements,windows 10 fixes and tweaks,windows 10 2004 slow boot,windows 10 very slow startup,windows 10 performance issues,windows 10 lagging and freezing,computer running slow windows 7,windows 10 very slow and unresponsive 2020,windows 10 running slow after update 2019,computer slow after windows update 2020,windows 10 may 2019 update slow,windows 10 slow after update 2018,windows 10 slow after upgrade from windows 7,internet slow after windows 10 update 2020,windows 10 slow after update july 2020,windows 10 2004 slow performance,windows 10 slow after june update 2020,windows 10 slow after update august 2020,windows 10 slow after update november 2020