All you need in this case is a powerful antivirus program. Run a full scan of the computer to remove malware.
You can use the antivirus program built into Windows or a third-party antivirus solution. We recommend Vipre because it is an inexpensive but equally reliable antivirus solution with many useful features and safeguards.
An easy-to-use antivirus and adware solution that eliminates all cyber attacks that can affect the optimal operation of your device.
Here is how to perform a full system scan on Windows 10 Creators Update :
- Go to Start Menu > Type Defender > double-click Windows Defender to start the tool.
- In the left pane, select the shell iconThreat Protection
- In the new window, select Advanced scan windows defender
- Select the Full scan checkbox to perform a full scan of the system for malicious software.
If the original cause of the problem was a virus or malware infection, the low memory pop-up window should disappear after using the Security Tool.
3. Shutting down programs that take up too much memory
Usually the error message appears when your computer runs out of memory when there are many processes running or when your programs use too much memory.
In this case, your RAM does not support all of these processes and you will be asked to make some changes to disable some of your programs.
Well, that’s exactly what you need to do – of course, only remove processes that aren’t important to you. As a reminder: Turning off the system process may damage the operating system.
1. Then start the Task Manager on your device – you can do this by right-clicking on the taskbar and selecting Task Manager.
2. Then select the Processes tab in the main window of Task Manager and click the Memory (Personal Workgroup) button to sort processes by memory usage.
3. From there, all you have to do is remove or kill the processes that consume too much memory. That should solve your problems.
4. Using the WindowsTroubleshooting function
In rare cases, when a program is forcibly shut down or something is not working properly in the Windows 8 / Windows 8.1 / Windows 10 system, you may see the error message that the memory of your computer is running out.
This is because Windows allocates too much virtual memory to this process while your system tries to solve all the problems.
You could say your computer thinks too much.
Don’t worry, you can solve these problems by troubleshooting the system maintenance – see the steps below.
- From the Home screen, press the Wind + F buttons.
- Type troubleshooting in the search box.
- On the troubleshooting screen, select Display All (in the left pane), and then select System Maintenance.
- Click Next and wait for your Windows 8 system to start troubleshooting.
If you want to avoid closing programs, you can also use the built-in diagnostic tool of Windows 10.
- Go to Settings > Troubleshooting > Scroll down to find and resolve other problemsDiagnostics and Troubleshooting .
- If one of the applications installed on your computer consumes a large amount of memory, we recommend using the Windows Store Apps diagnostic program. It’s the last one on the list.
5. Manually increasing virtual memory
By increasing the virtual memory, you can solve problems with low memory or warning messages. Of course you will have to do this manually, as there are no special applications for this purpose.
The process can easily be applied, just follow the steps below:
- Go to the startup screen > enter the entered system settings > double-click the first result
- Select the Advanced tab and click the Settings button under the Performance section. Data performance > settings width=408″ height=464″>.
- In the new window, click the Advanced tab again and open the Virtual Memory section; select Edit there..
- Clear the Automatically manage the size of the swap file for all floppies.
- Click Drive and select Custom Size.drives.
- Insert the new size in megabytes in the Initial size (MB) or Maximum size (MB) field and select Set.
Don’t let a slow computer spoil your mood! Install one of these RAM optimizers!
6. Recovery of registration
1. Go to the Start menu > type cmd > right-click on the command line > select Run as Administrator.
2. Now enter the command sfc /scannow.
3. Wait until the scan is complete and restart the computer. All damaged files will be replaced on restart.
7. Update of the operating system
Make sure you have the latest Windows updates installed on your device. Reminder: Microsoft continuously offers Windows updates to improve system stability and solve various problems.
To access the Windows Update section, type the update in the search field.
This method works for all versions of Windows. Then go to Windows Update, check for updates and install the available updates.
8. Check disc for errors
Under Windows 8.1 you can open the drive you want to check in the file explorer.
Then right-click on the disk you want to scan and select Properties. Click on the Tools tab, select Scan, and then Scan Disk.
In Windows 10, you can start a disk scan from the command line.
Run the command line as administrator and type chkdsk C: /f followed by Enter. Replace C with the score letter of the hard disk.
Reminder: If you do not use the /f parameter, chkdsk will print a message that the file needs to be fixed, but it will not fix the errors.
Chkdsk Dee: /f detects and fixes logical problems with your hard drive. To solve physical problems, the /r parameter must also be executed.
Not enough time for all these formalities? Here is the best hard drive health monitoring software that does the job for you!
9. Removal of temporary files and folders
The easiest and fastest way to delete temporary files and folders is to erase the drive.
While using your computer or surfing the Internet, your computer collects several unnecessary files.
These so-called unwanted files can affect your computer’s processing speed and cause low memory alerts.
Here you can see how to use disk cleaning in Windows 10 :
1. Go to the Start menu > Disk cleaning type > start the tool.
2. Select the disk you want to clean > the tool tells you how much space you can free up.
3. Choose Delete system files.
Learn all you need to know about erasing drives to delete temporary files like an expert!
10. Uninstall last installed software
If you have recently installed new software on your computer, try uninstalling it.
Go to the Start menu > Control Panel type > select one or more recently added programs > click Delete.
Then restart the computer and check if the problem is solved.
You can also use the uninstall program. As always, we have the best options for you!
These are the best methods you can use if your computer doesn’t have enough memory for Windows 10 errors.
Do you still have a problem? Fix them with these tools:
This software corrects common computer errors, protects you from file loss, malware and hardware errors, and optimizes your PC for maximum performance.
Troubleshoot PC problems and remove viruses in 3 easy steps:
- Download this much appreciated PC recovery tool from TrustPilot.com (you can download it from this page).
- Click the Start scan button to scan for Windows issues that may cause PC problems.
- Click on Restore All to solve problems related to patented technologies (exclusive discount for our readers).
- Restoro has been downloaded by 0 players this month.
If you have not been able to solve these problems after following these instructions, you may consider expanding your memory. If you have any questions or need further help, please leave a message in the comment field below.
Editor’s comments : This article was originally published in October 2017 and revised and updated in December 2020 for timeliness, accuracy and completeness.
manually increase virtual memory,your computer is low on memory on mac,windows 10 low memory warning disable,memory problems windows 10,surface pro low memory,not enough memory to start windows 10,your computer is low on memory windows 7,why is my computer memory full,fix computer memory problems,available physical memory low windows 10,why is my computer memory so full,how to free computer memory windows 7,windows 7 64-bit out of memory error,constant out of memory errors,low virtual memory windows 7,why ram is low,low memory windows vista,running out of ram,windows 10 memory full problem,your computer is low on memory virus,windows memory error,how do i fix low memory on windows 7?,dell laptop low on memory,disable low memory warning windows 7,your computer is low on memory mac,computer says low on memory windows 7,your computer is low on memory windows 8,windows media player your computer is running low on memory windows 10,your computer is low on memory windows 10 reddit,your computer is low on memory windows 10 in hindi,computer out of memory windows 10,your computer is low on memory windows server 2016